My overall thoughts:
1. I found this to be a really interesting novel. It took me longer to get through than I expected as I found the writing style very disjointed and difficult to get along with. This novel follows the story of a group of boys who land on an island, they learn to fend for themselves and survive against all odds.
2. I feel I may have enjoyed this book more had I read in during my years at school but picking it up now and not fulling indulging in every aspect of the novel has left me feeling like it wasn’t a particularly great read.
3. I didn’t connect with any of the characters very well due to the fact there didn’t seem to be one main leader of the group and none of the boys were very likable.
4. One aspect of the novel that I did quite enjoy was the psychological workings behind the actions of the boys and how they were reacting to the events occurring throughout the novel. I do however feel that the ending was extremely rushed and I wasn’t very satisfied with the outcome.
5. All in all I would say this was an interesting read but I wouldn’t choose to pick it up again and would only recommend to those who need to study it for school – maybe you’ll get more out of it than I did?!